10 Easy Ways to Create a Beautiful & Inviting Guest Room
The holidays are fast approaching and chances are you might be hosting friends and family at your home this holiday season. This is a great time to get your guest rooms ready by creating an organic and inviting stay.
Think about some of the best nights you’ve spent in places other than your home, maybe a quaint hotel on the ocean or a friend’s log cabin in the woods. Rekindle those memories of the hotels you love and the stays that made you feel at home. It's always the thoughtful details that create a warm welcome. You can do the same for your guests. Enjoy quality time with your loved ones this Holiday by properly preparing for their stay.
Here’s our top 10 list to guide you:
- Clear the Clutter. Clean Beauté in the bedroom means the room feels clean, inviting and without a lot of excess stuff. Clear the clutter out of closets by getting rid of what you don’t need anymore and creating a space of your guests to unpack if they want.
- Create Storage space. Even if you are tight on space, create a storage space for guests to unpack. If your guest room closet is too full, add a bench, luggage rack or cute hanging rod for them to use. Make them feel more comfortable from the start.
- Make a Bed Beautiful. The bed is the biggest feature in the room so make sure you make it look inviting. Even if you are on a tight budget it’s amazing how far making the bed can change the look of the room. Stay neutral with your bedding colors to create a zen feel. Make sure things match style wise to create a consistent look. Fold the comforter in half or add a throw blanket to the end of the bed for a fresh look. A few throw pillows can also change the look of any room.
- Comfortable Pillows. Pillows can make or break a good night’s sleep. Soft, firm or somewhere in between? Accommodate pillow preferences with a backup or two in freshly cleared closet.
- Nightstands or Side Table Easy to Access. Often I have to create a sleeping area in a cozy area off of our living room when we have a lot of guests and I need overflow space. I always include a cute, small table with a light next to the bed so my guests can have a place to put a glass of water or their book. Give your guests permission to relax in their room by leaving a stack of books or new magazines. Finally, you can't go wrong by adding a few bottles of water and some local snacks, either.
*If I have the room, I encourage another area not close to the bed to be used for their cell phone and electronics.
- Have extra blankets. Since not everyone sleeps at the same temperature, make sure extra blankets are available. There is nothing worse than being too cold or hot in someone else’s home.
- Provide Comfy Robes & Slippers. Having a freshly laundered robe ready and waiting for each guest is as nice as it sounds. Offering slippers is a healthy way to ensure guests don’t wear shoes in your home.
- Towels. Create an impromptu linen closet by leaving a stack of towels (bath, hand and washcloth for each guest) in the bath or bedroom your guests will be using.
- Finishing Touch. Make the guest room more cozy with an organic candle or a small local bouquet.
- Above and beyond: Leave out a card with your home Wi-Fi details on it, a welcome note and a carafe and glass for water.
Enjoy the holidays with ease and your guests will be grateful!